September 25, 2004

The Relational Nature of Grace

The miraculous, relational nature of grace is what is responsible for transporting you from the world you see with these eyes, to the world you can only see through the eyes of God.

I'm told by several people that I live somewhere else. Sometimes, I dunno if that was meant as an observation, a compliment, or otherwise. Of course, I live right here. Right here where my body is, where every night I lay my head down and every day I get up to go about my daily routines. But if you know me, that's not where I LIVE. It's not where my heart is, it's not where my mind is. So, I guess in a lot of ways they're right. Call it "head in the clouds", "living in a fantasy world", "out of this world", whatever you will; for some reason, I can no longer see myself existing apart from the context of my relationship with God. Out of it comes this amazing transformation of everything around me. What had appeared to be dead and dying before is suddenly filled with evidence of life and growth.

Contradictions for sure, but then, that's the miraculous part of it.

No comments: