He sent me these instructions: "You can post the images using html
(no space between the "<" and "img")." Notice I don't have smilies in my entries yet? I don't have a clue how to do what he said to do.
Eventually, about four emails from now, my mind will grasp his instructions. Until then, I'll be aggravated every time I fail to make a smiley appear !
But I'm laughing because last year, I spent several months asking Bill "How do I do GRACE?"
Oh, I didn't come right out and ask him to give me THE formula for grace, but all my questions were geared towards, "Tell me how to DO this. I need to get this grace stuff, I WANT to get this grace stuff. Bill, give me instructions!"
No matter how cleverly I phrased my questions, in hopes of prying the grace formula out of him, Bill's answers tended to be along the lines of "Just believe" and "It's a miracle."
Talk about aggravation! I'm struggling to figure this out with my mind and he's telling me it's impossible to do. Since at that point I barely believed in miracles anyway, I resigned myself to the probability that I was never going to "get this grace stuff." Bummer.
Then this .........uh........really miraculous thing happened. I got it! In my heart. My heart caught what my mind could not touch.......Christ in me. One spirit. Union with Him. His life through my life. Just believe and live out of that union with Christ.
No rules, no struggle, no striving. God simply opened my eyes to the reality that was already present in Christ and in me. And it is glorious!
Bill wisely refused to pretend he had the grace formula. But I sure do hope he has a better smiley formula than the one he just sent me!

-Mickey
No comments:
Post a Comment