February 27, 2005

Spurring Grace

I have a friend that is always wanting to talk about grace.

It seems that at every chance, my friend wants to try and turn the conversation to grace. The thing is that everything IS about God's grace. It's not that we need to turn or spur the conversation to grace, we are creatures of grace, it is what we were created to be in Christ, vessels of glory. Our language doesn't have to be artificially filled with a 'grace' language, with positive affirmations of what grace means in our life (incidentally, this is not my friend's desire). Our language doesn't have to reflect it to make it true, it already is.

It's just that my friend loves to hear about what God has done for us, and it reminds me of a Mormon children's song:
Tell me the stories of Jesus.
I'd love to hear,
Things I would ask him to tell me,
If he were here.
Scenes by the wayside,
Tales of the sea,
Stories of Jesus,
Tell them to me.
That certainly sounds like childlike faith!!

No comments: