.......is "something."
That doesn't make any sense? I agree.
But religion teaches that "nothing" means "something." And Christians who believe that "nothing" means "something" are plunged into the misery of legalism.
Look at this scripture:
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)
Don't you hear your heart cry "Yes!" to that scripture? Nothing can ever separate you from God's love. You are in Christ, included in the eternal security of the Father's love. Forever. And there's not a damn thing anyone can do to change that reality.
EXCEPT.......enter religion and the folks who tell you that "nothing" means "something."
Especially the preachers who stand in pulpits, read this scripture to their church members, and say: "Nothing can separate you from God's love EXCEPT your own sin......your own apathy.......your own poor performance.....your own lack of tithing.....your own unbelief. YOU! YOU separate yourself from God's love when you don't keep the rules."
Oh. So "nothing", saith legalistic religion, really means "something." I'm secure in God's love if I perform correctly. But if I fail, I separate myself from God's love and IT'S ALL MY FAULT!
So I must work and strive and obey to keep God's love........because "nothing" really means "something"?
Of course you see religion's lie. You see how religion manipulates you by fear, the fear that any misstep can cost you God's love. Fearful people keep the rules. And without good little ruleskeepers, religion would simply.......die. Hmmmmm.:)
"Nothing"means that even you are not powerful enough to separate yourself from the love of God. What good news!
Nothing really does mean NOTHING. Live in your freedom in Christ. And when someone tries to tell you that "nothing" really means "something"........
Smile and run for your life.:)
Love,
Mickey
No comments:
Post a Comment