The other day, I was reading a "devotion" book... It spoke of this god who doesn't help you until you're in real agony and have given in to despair because he wants everyone to know that it's him when he helps someone...
I thought... what a self serving god... only interested in his own glory. No wonder those who believe in this god are most interested in their own position, getting credit, gaining power, etc. They're just emulating their god.
That Jesus guy spoke of doing your good deeds in secret, not for the world to see; not to gain commendations from others. Toward the end of that speech, he said to be perfect as our heavenly father is perfect... I figured the stuff he preached on must first be God's character... If that's the case, God would do his good deeds without fanfare with the motive of an unselfish love and desire to benefit others... People who followed a God like that might have better attitudes toward one another...
You would know that you could trust that God and go to him for comfort when this life craps on you. And, you would be a recipient of real love... and I think a love like that would impact you immensely.
Just some observations...
-The Freenglad Chick
No comments:
Post a Comment